The McGill Students’ Chess Club is bound by its constitution. Any member can suggest edits. The Executive Council will then process changes and send them to SSMU to ratify.
According to the Constitution, the club’s mandate shall be to:
- Promote the game of chess at McGill University by appropriate means including but not limited to holding regular meetings, organizing chess tournaments, and allowing members to participate in collegial chess tournaments.
- Field a competitive team to attend the annual Canadian University Chess Championship.
- Provide chess-related recreational activities for the McGill community.
- Provide a comfortable and casual medium where people can relax and socialize by playing chess.
- Plan and organize chess-related events on and off campus.
Last ratified 22/03/2017